jeudi, août 31, 2006

Only a few days left

Only few days left until I start university. I'm really looking forward to it. I saw a couple of great scientific activities that seem awesome. That's the case of S.O.N.I.A. (Système d'Opération Nautique Intelligent et Autonome). They won tons of prizes for its design and such. It looks really incredible. It's an automated submarine that could be use to look for shipwreck or detect submarine mines.

They use a lot of really interesting technologies such as virtual sight (search for a light), sonar technologies (search for a sound), etc. It has 6 engines and handle pretty well. I might try to go work on this project if I have some free time. I'm really interested in virtual sight. Do pixel detection on video feed seem awesome. Underwater movement optimization seem cool too. I'll see.

Simon "BoomWav" Dufour

Aucun commentaire: